Language Kingdom is a company placed in the north of Spain focuses on language teaching and immersion programs in Spain and abroad. We are now in search of 2 camp leaders for our immersion programs in Spain.
Our camps are held in many different locations around Spain (Foz, Infiesto, Salamanca, Marbella, Madrid and Murcia) and your role will require to work in most of them.
As a leader, role model and moral compass to campers ages 7 - 14, your primary responsibility is overall supervision. You will ensure campers' well-being and make their camp experience as fun and rewarding as possible. As a Counselor, you will be living with campers 24-hours a day.
During the day:
- You will lead or assist campers of all ages in one or more activities.
During the evening:
- You (and the rest of the leaders) will be responsible for running and assisting with evening programs.
- Organize and lead a variety of small and large group activities each week. Activities may include crafts, nature, songs, games, opening and closing ceremonies, swimming, archery, canoeing, Family Night, etc.
- Identify and respond to camper behavior issues.
- Know and understand ALL emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
- Help and guide Junior Counselors to have a deeper understanding of leadership and counseling skills.
- Ability to be flexible in scheduling to meet the needs of the overall program.
- Excellent communication skills
- Honesty, integrity and commitment
- Imagination and sense of humor
- Proven leadership ability
- Evidence of being a problem solver
CONTRACT 1: from 30 th, March to mid-July.
Schedule 1: 90 contract days, 49 working days and 41 honoured holidays.
CONTRACT 2: from 1st, May to mid-July
Schedule 2: 61 contract days, 36 working days, 25 honoured holidays.
SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS: full national health insurance and social security cover.
SALARY + ACCOMMODATION: included in your benefits (shared flat in Oviedo)
FULL BOARDING WHEN THE CAMP IS ACTIVE
PAID HOLIDAYS: days off are honoured.
- Candidates must be European Union passport-holders or have the right to work in Spain legally.
- Education classes or experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field.
- English Native Speaker Competence (C2 MCER)